October 12, 2021: Day Two of SHIPPINGInsight 2021- Bridging the Decade opened today with a…
Welcome to a new year- and a new decade! We are facing the most dynamic and pivotal period in maritime history- and SHIPPINGInsight is right in the middle of it!
SHIPPINGInsight 20/20 will feature expertise from around the world on topics that will either make, or break, the mold of shipping. Topics that will be covered in October include:
– Decade of Decarbonization– focusing on strategies to achieve ambitious goals to combat climate change
– Decade of Digitalization—how will the Fourth Industrial Revolution support the industry’s need to deploy the most advanced technologies to increase its operational and financial efficiency?
– Decade of Declaration as the public gets more vocal, and organized, around our social license to operate
– Decade of Data– data is King (or Queen) but it needs to be managed and presented in a useable fashion. Further the flow of data needs to be seamless requiring advanced communications tools
– Decade of Disclosure– between regulatory requirements and tracking tools, the industry is being driven to transparency
– Decade of Daring– the cyber attacks being promulgated around the world are constant. Do we have the tools for protection?
– Decade of Dashboards– owners are looking for ease of use. Is it out there?
– Decade of Disruption– we need to look for new ways of thinking about old problems and change– everything
– Decade of Development– new tech requires investment and faith
– Decade of Discernment—due diligence is important as not all solutions work on ships!
– Decade of Deals– the industry is consolidating. How will this unfold?
– Decade of Discussion– we need to come together as an industry to collaborate on the pathway forward including how we are training and caring for mariners
– Decade of Diversity– our industry needs to become more inclusive of the many forms in which talent appears
– Decade of Design– new hull shapes, new bridge and cargo configurations, and new practices
– Decade of Discipline– let’s not repeat the errors of the 2000’s. We need to order responsibly, and smartly!
– Decade of Drones– providing intelligence, products and more
2020 is going to be the start of a dynamic decade. We look forward to working with you to make it efficient, productive, and prosperous!
Carleen Lyden Walker
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
IMO Maritime Ambassador
+1 203 255 4686 (o)
+1 203 260 0480 (m)