This week marks Thanksgiving in the United States—a time for reflection and gratitude. Since we are approaching a new decade, I’ll reserve the reflections for a few weeks. Today, I’m happy to elaborate on gratitude.
I am thankful for:
- The maritime industry which is the engine of global trade
- The people who make this industry unique and enjoyable
- The dynamic times we are living in—when has this industry provided such challenge AND opportunity?
- The excitement of newcomers to our industry as they discover its many facets
- The ability to add value to this industry, facilitate change, and contribute to its future
Whether you will be celebrating along with the United States in the annual Thanksgiving Feast (also known as the largest carbohydrate load in the year) or not, I hope you will join me in being thankful to be part of our global maritime community!
Chief Executive Officer